Marc Cohen - Dr Jazz
Paul Burke
Christian Waters
Andy Schell
Peter Evans
“The Wanker” (David Siead)
John McNally
Marc Magee

Last edited by alien on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Hope
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:58 pm 

Hope is in grad school at UCLA in Art History.

Post subject: McNally
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:01 pm 

I heard McNally married a rich girl in SF and paints now.

Leslie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:45 pm 

Besides me, other KLSU-exes in Austin include Bill Thompson, Jay Robillard, Andy Schell, Beau Bahan and James Chase(not sure about last name) and Thomas Wood.
Mr. Drew passed away last year after a long battle with leukemia.
Jay is the only one who still does a radio show - The Lounge Show on KOOP, Saturday mornings.

Post subject: Mr Drew gone
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

Well that makes me sad.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:54 am 

Same here everybody, I am truly saddened by his death. Drew will be remembered.

Peace to you man, hope you enjoyed the years you had.

Post subject: I've seen 'em
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:34 pm 

I recently saw Norm in Austin during my annual trek to SXSW. I usually see Beau Bahan as well but missed out on him this year (maybe that's why he called my house and asked for Omarosa???). I did catch up with Sasha (Diane Mycoff) for the first time in a couple of years.

I have seen Jay and Andy in Austin when they were easily found at the Record Show but it's been a few years. I also used to always see Thomas Wood when he was a SXSW volunteer but haven't seen him the last couple of times.

I see Bill Davis occasionally here in Nashville... he lives here too. Aside from our band The Noise and at KLSU, our paths have crossed many times over the years. When I saw him not too long ago, he had just produced the new Glenn Tilbrook record. Maybe Bill will sign on and tell you all about it.

A couple of weeks ago in NYC, I saw Teri Robinson, she was in the newsroom at the station but had a few on air shifts. I haven't seen Donna K in a while but I know she and Teri hang out. Hi Donna!

I did see Dave the Rave on a tour bus a while back - I couldn't stick around for the show but since he was in my town, I at least wanted to say howdy.

Um, who else? I saw Miles and Peter Evans a while back in Baton Rouge when one of my management clients was playing the Varsity. I had invited Peter but it was a pleasant surprise to see Miles in line waiting for the door to open!

In addition to all the fine folks already listed in the posts above, I'd be interested in knowing where Paul Cassisa and Jane Wemberly are (I saw them maybe 10 years go in New Orleans), Desmond Brown (last heard from in the DC area) and from a bit earlier, Mike Doyle.

This morning, I registered on this board before I left for work. When I got in the car, my iPod (on shuffle) offered up as the first song She Sheila by The Producers! Just goes to show, you can take the girl out of the early '80s college radio station but you can't take, well you know.

Cathy Hendrix
Nashville TN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:01 pm 

It was wonderful seeing you Cathy at the Varsity. Hope to see you again in B.R. sometime in the future if we are fortunate enough to do so.

Fest For All was fun here (last weekend). Saturday was canceled due to possible severe weather but Sunday was delightful. Saw Johnny Palazota and Bill Bennett. Several bands were killers. One, from Paris calling themselves Tornaod played Brittany, Welsh, Irish Celtic mash with a dose of Gong. Oh well my i.q of 65 has gone to the well too many times so I need to recharge and concentrate on how to remember to walk and breathe at the same time.

Love to all,

Miles

Post subject: No BR, yes NO
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:55 pm 

I don't expect to be in BR anytime in the near future but I will be in New Orleans on June 10 for a Ron Sexsmith gig at The Parish. I know it's a weeknight but I'd love to meet up with any interested parties.

Cathy Hendrix
Nashville TN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:41 pm 

Cathy led me to this thing and it's AWESOME. SO good to read about everyone. We're in Music Shitty USA keeping these goatfuckers in line. I just got certified to teach English in the state of TN, so no more double negatives from Tim McGraw, I promise. Dash is going to Europe this summer. It's an all new band (drummer- 26, bass player - 22: can anyone say "Everclear?") but those little fuckers keep me hoppin. My most embarassing DJ moment is when I played Roddy Frame's "Oblivious" a scant 5 minutes after the previous DJ had played it. PD Alan R. called and ripped me a new asshole. I was unfazed. I also got cussed for playing Judas Priest's "Breakin The Law" at 6 am on a Tuesday. Good times, goodtimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:15 pm 

i saw norman and bill at sxsw this year--and listened to jay

haven't seen him in a while tho-nor andy

i used to run into andy quite a bit when i lived in the austin area

last i heard mallory was in virginia i think--i'd love to hear from him as well

good to see some folks on here i hadn't seen or heard from in a while--especially miles

and if bill thompson is reading this--send me my shitdogs cds!!

Post subject: Re: More M.I.A. listings
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:58 pm 

alanr wrote:
This is a list of announcers we have yet to find any contact information for, if you have any please forward or at least tell them where to find us.

>Rene Matthews

Actually, Alan, I don't have Rene's E-mail contact information (and she did drop the third "e" from Renee a few years ago, so it is "Rene" now) but I can tell you that she lives in New Orleans with her husband John, and is teaching third grade here in Metairie. I really do need to give her a call; she really did try to maintain contact with Jenni and me, but we just never really reciprocated... having a kid will do that, I guess... (although there really is no good excuse) I'll be sure to tell her about the board when I do talk to her.

Also - Gene Hopstetter is living in San Antonio, TX with his wife April. He's very much into analog stereo equipment, you can see it all at his site... http://www.hopstetter.com

Thanks,

-barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:53 am 

Oops - I posted about myself here. :oops: I've now moved it over to the proper thread.

-Jenni

Post subject: more old faces/names
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:44 pm 

I'm still in touch with a few other "oldies" who haven't signed on here:

Mike Doyle is working at a radio station in North Carolina after many years back in his hometown of Chicago. He travels the world in his spare time.

Mike says Terry Hickman has gone completely blind, but is still doing radio news in Denver.

Ed Batson (also of Leisure Landing) is an abstractor and a fellow employee of the City-Parish of Baton Rouge. He is also the King of Bar Trivia.

Julie Doiron lives off Jefferson Highway in Baton Rouge with her wonderful and magnificent dogs, and looks terrific as always. She is an awesome dinner host.

Dale Jackson, 10-watt WLSU deejay, is a computer whiz for Georgia Pacific, and lives in Baker.

Bill Mallory is somewhere in Florida doing archaeological work at last report. Yes, he still has Brillo-Pad hair and hasn't cut it.

Jim Engster (news) manages WRKF public radio in Baton Rouge and is currently in Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center after a horrid car accident. 765-6565 room T433 as of 6/24/04.

Steve Schnieder (news) is doing sports at WAFB-TV in Baton Rouge. I see him most Wednesday afternoons when I tote the Pet of the Week from the animal shelter over to WAFB for the adopt-a-pet segment on the 5pm news.

Speaking of sports, does anyone know what happened to Kent Lowe?

Paul Babcock, I imagine, is earning a fine living as a toothbrush salesman.

Dez

Post subject: ear eye yam
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:30 pm 

After being reminded of this place by M. Chinn and a bit of the ol' real life, real life ups and downs and in and outs -- Ta da, here I am.
Anticlimactically,
Demon Number One.