KLSU alumni.net

KLSU Alum Community
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kelly Barlow - RIP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Talked to some of the gang last night and found out that Kelly Barlow of Bayou fame passed away in November... :cry:
--------------------------------
Kelley Barlow

Kelley Barlow, 41, of Baton Rouge, known for her beautiful auburn mane and her presence, passed into the next life in her sleep on Sunday, Nov. 21, 2004, at home.

Kelley was born in Birmingham, Ala., in 1963, to Pam and Doug Barlow and became a resident of Baton Rouge when her family moved here in 1974. Kelley was an amazing athlete and became a champion swimmer with the Baton Rouge Y-Nauts and Broadmoor High School.

While a student at LSU, she learned the craft of waitressing and bartending when she helped open the Bennigans at Cortana Mall and plied the masses over the years at various establishments, including The Bayou, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Giamanco's.

In 2002, she became a customer service representative at Your Other Warehouse and enjoyed a new way of serving the public.

Kelley leaves behind a wonderful 9-year-old son, Vaughan Barlow-Guitreau; loving parents, Pam and Doug Barlow; younger sister, Kristi Barlow; and loving companion, Derek Guitreau, as well as a supportive extended family, many friends, acquaintances and as we use to say, adoring fans.

Please celebrate Kelley's life and give thanks for the laughs you shared with her. Visiting at Rabenhorst Funeral Home East, 11000 Florida Blvd., from noon until a memorial service at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 24.

Published in The Advocate from 11/23/2004 - 11/24/2004.
--------------------------------

Many good times working with her at the bayou, plus the infamous "dulac" trip - that bartenders of that era will know understand. RIP. I'll try to dig up some pics......

"I'm the bad thoughts inside your head"

My Pandora Channels

Post subject: Re: Kelly Barlow - RIP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 am 

I wonder if she died in her sleep of natural causes? Derek guitreau was just arrested for obstruction of justice and possibkle 2nd degree murder, he gave heroin to someone and they died. It makes one wonder. Im sorry for everyones loss of a good friend, however i would be questioning how she died.